14 Feb FR8RAIL
Development of Functional Requirements for Sustainable and Attractive European Rail Freight
3.5 m EUR · 09/2016 – 08/2019
Horizon 2020 · 18 partners
Trafikverket, CAF, Bombardier, DB, AC2T, Asociacion Centro de Estudios e Investigaciones Tecnicas, Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt EV, etc.
The objectives of the FR8RAIL project will be achieved by developing 8 vital areas within freight rail.
- Business Analytics, KPIs, Top Level Requirements,
- Condition Based and Predictive Maintenance,
- Telematics & Electrification,
- Running Gear, Core and Extended Market Wagon,
- Automatic Coupling,
- High level System Architecture and Integration.
- The main aim of the FR8RAIL project is the development of functional requirements for sustainable and attractive European rail freight.
The objectives of the project are:
- 10 % reduction in the cost of freight transport measured by tonnes per Km,
- 20 % reduction in the time variations during dwelling, and
increase attractiveness of logistic chains by making available 100 % of the rail freight transport information to logistic chain information systems.