An early stage researcher (ESR) open position in “Combined experimental-numerical approach for efficient vehicle noise radiation analysis”
For the Innovative Training Network (ITN) project PBNv2 - Next generation Pass-By Noise approaches for new powertrain vehicles (grant agreement no. 721615) we are looking for early stage researcher in the field of experimental-numerical vibro-acoustics. The researcher fellow will be hosted at the Virtual Vehicle Research Center for the period of 36 months.
The research fellow will work on the development of a novel approach for pass-by-noise optimisation. The patch transfer function (PTF) approach is a sub-structuring technique for efficient analysis of complex vibro-acoustic problems. The researcher shall investigate the noise generation and propagation mechanisms during vehicle pass-by manoeuvers by applying a PTF-based approach. A particular emphasis shall be put on proper description of the sound insulation blankets which are commonly used for powertrain encapsulation. Numerical full-system simulations and/or measurement campaigns will be conducted to validate the approach proposed.
- Enrollment for PhD studies at the KU Leuven Doctoral School
- Individual research training trajectory, on-site supervision
- Full-time contract, salary according to Horizon 2020 Marie Sklodowska Curie Actions funding scheme
- Conducting research in young, international and multicultural team
For more information, please visit: https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/167310
- Master degree in engineering, physics or similar
- Excellent English skills
- Knowledge of vibro-acoustics and numerical techniques is an asset
- The fellow candidate complies with the Horizon 2020 Marie Sklodowska Curie Actions eligibility rules:
Mobility – the researcher must not have resided or carried out his/her main activity (work , studies, etc.) in the country of his/her host organisation for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the date of recruitment by the host.
Experience – researcher has less than 4 years full-time equivalent research experience and has not yet been awarded a doctoral degree.
Envisaged job starting date: asap
Application deadline: July 31st, 2017
To apply, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation and references to Dr. Giorgio Veronesi giorgio.veronesi(at)v2c2.at or to HR, Raphaela Haring hr(at)v2c2.at